December 16, 2015

BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette: Hot or Not?

Hey guys, so once I posted a picture of this palette, a few people been asking about my opinion on it. So, I decided to do a quick review. The main question that I got was "Is it worth it or not?". So, I'll keep it as short as I can and I will provide swatches of these eyeshadows and highlighters!

Bh Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette


Let's start off with the packaging. I love the design of this palette! It's so Carli! It's also unique and different. I definitely don't own a palette that looks similar to it! It looks nice, but feels cheap. It's made out of cardboard. However, the magnetic closure is really strong, so the palette doesn't open easily, which is something that I like! This palette comes with 10 eyeshadows and 4 highlighters. It has 47.6g of product, which is quite a bit! It's only $12.50USD, which is honestly so cheap! Carli teamed up with BH Cosmetics to create something that wasn't highend and affordable for her subscribers. I thought that was a great idea, because she has so many followers and let's face it, makeup is expensive! I honestly paid a bit under $25CAD for this palette with shipping. On top of it, Ebates was giving back 15% cashback at the time, so this palette is legit so affordable! You can only buy this palette on the BH Cosmetics website!

Really pretty packaging!



Let's talk about these shades.What I like is that these shades would suit any skin tone! They're all neutrals with 2 shades that are mauve and purple. This palette comes with only 3 mattes and the rest are all shimmers. I kind of wish she made 5 mattes and 5 shimmers. There's only 1 or 2 shades that would look good in the crease, so it would have been nice to have another 2 options to really mix it up! I also find those 2 shades may be too light for someone with dark skin. There are honestly 3 eyeshadows that are so similar to the highlight shades and I find that wasn't necessary. However, you have a large variety for lid shades! You can even use the highlighters as a lid shade!



The first row is more on the pink and mauve side!

Gorgeous neutrals! I'm in love with the first 2 shades!


Highlighters for any skin tone!


In terms of formula, these eyeshadows are really nice! I've never tried BH Cosmetics before, but I heard really good things about their eyeshadows. The eyeshadows in this palette are buttery smooth and super pigmented! They feel like highend eyeshadows, no jokes! They also blend like a dream! The only downfall is that the eyeshadows are way too soft, so they crumble. When you dip your brush into the pan, it creates a mess and you also get fallout when you apply the eyeshadows. For the lid colours, I just spray MAC Fix Plus on my synthetic eyeshadow brush to avoid fallout! The highlighters also feel the same exact formula, but they don't crumble as badly as the eyeshadows do. They're also super pigmented and buttery smooth. They also blend like a dream! You can even spray Fix Plus on your fan brush for a wet highlight look! They're really stunning and there's something for every skin color! In terms of longevity, I find both eyeshadows and highlighters last up to 7-8 hours and then start to fade away slowly (be sure to prime your face and eyes!).


Another look, stunning right?!


I've been following Carli for awhile and I absolutely love her! I know she worked really hard on this palette and overall, I'm really impressed with this palette. I think the fact that it's so affordable makes me love this palette even more. Carli and BH Cosmetics did a really good job on this palette! It's currently back in stock and for $13, it's worth giving it a go! I highly recommend this palette, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment